How do we help Single Parent Families?
We take a two generational approach. We provide the highest quality of early childhood education to children whose families could not otherwise afford it and give those children an introduction to a lifetime of learning. But we also provide the single parent with financial assistance, emotional support, and spiritual guidance. With grants and donations, we are able to offer:
- — Tuition assistance for childcare – Tuition assistance is available for childcare, preschool, after-school care and summer camp for elementary aged children.
- — Professional Counseling
- — Life Coaching and Life Skills classes
- — Budgeting classes
- — Clothing and grocery donations
- — Angel Tree gifts at Christmas
- — Back to School supplies
- — Referrals to other agencies, as needed
A Little Bit About Us:
For over 20 years as a nonprofit, we have provided a developmental curriculum in a Christian environment with affordable rates for children and families enrolled in our programs. We are a 5 STAR accredited NC Childcare Facility serving a diversity of families, but as a nonprofit, our special outreach is to single parent families. We provide need-based scholarships for those families who qualify financially.
Hear what other single-parents are saying about COSKids!
How can you or your small group help?
We are always in need of extra hands around our campus. Here are just a few of the ways you can help:
- — Volunteer 1 hr. per week during the school year to be a tutor/mentor for an elementary-aged child in our After School Program
- — Bring your small group over on a Saturday morning to help maintain our campus. Projects include: painting, trimming shrubbery, playground maintenance, etc.
- — Provide dinner for a group of our Single Parents who are attending a Life Skills class. You can choose to cook and serve a meal, or make a monetary donation which allows us to provide a meal.
- — Check out our donations page! We receive no government funds but fund our single parent program with our community partners and private donations. Check it out today!
- — Do you order from Amazon? Just register on Amazon Smile and choose Christ our Shepherd Ministries (COSKids) as your charitable organization. Amazon will donate a small portion of your purchases to us, at no cost to you!
- — Link your Harris Teeter VIC Card to us. Our school code is 3941.
How can you qualify?
To qualify for eligibility, single parents who work full time, and need childcare and/or after school care, are invited to speak with our single parent coordinator to help assess your current situation. Please fill out this single parent application for assistance and call us to schedule an appointment to meet with one of our directors. If you qualify, we’ll work together with you on developing a plan, utilizing available resources and taking steps on your path to success.
Donate to the Single Parent Scholarship Program
Monetary donations to the single parent scholarship fund are always welcome and will be designated solely to supplement the high cost of childcare for qualified low-income single parents. To make an in-kind donation please view our COSKids Needs List.